degassing. valorization.

Anaerobic digestion takes place naturally in landfills, waste degradation occurs naturally and pretty slowly. Biogas and leachate production continues for several decades even after the landfill closes. Buried waste can dry out after a while, but remains still not completely stabilized.

The degassing of landfills is a major challenge for the climate and the environment. Urban landfills in Morocco produce every year between 400 and 700 M m3 of biogas, of which today only 5 – 10% is captured and flared, the rest escapes into the atmosphere; an equivalent of at least 3 million tonnes / year of CO2 eq. greenhouse gas emissions equivalent (some estimates indicate much higher emissions).

Currently, only 1% of the landfill gas is utilized (valorized in a gas engine to produce electricity), the rest, 99% is lost, which, according to our estimates, correspond to at least 70 MW electric power with an annual continuous production of 630 GWh, which can cover the need of 165,000 Moroccan households.

Again we want to point out that higher and more favorable production estimates indicate a loss of up to 1,5 TWh / year of electricity lost (the eq. of the electricity consumption of 400,000 Moroccan households of 4 people).

The well functioning of the complete degassing system on landfills must be ensured at all times, generizon provides the following services.

  • dimensioning of the degassing system,
  • piping vertical, inclined, horizontal, planning, engineering,
  • advice on the position, operation of the flare, as well as functioning of all elements, flame arrester, sales and service,
  • gas booster, blower station, sales and service,
  • analysis and flow measurement of the biogas,
  • desulfurization and drying of biogas,
  • leachate evacuation system, advice,
  • utilization of biogas, generator of electricity, sales and service,
  • connection, sale of electricity,
  • use of heat (combined heat and power CHP) for leachate treatment solutions,
  • advice on carbon credits schemes.
Jenbacher/Innio from 2G.
CHP or gas2power.
Désulfuration biologique.
effective and low cost desulfurization.
torchère.
flares for any specification.
surpresseurs.
blowers. ATEX certfied.