Rotreat Abwasserreinigung GmbH, a generizon partner, an Austrian company founded in 1993. Rotreat focuses exclusively on the operation and development of membrane systems. Beside the plant technology the Radial Channel Disc Tube (RCDT) module system has been invented as an economic and efficient reverse osmosis device for the treatment of wastewater and seawater.
The DT module technology (disc tube module), on which the RCDT technology is based, has been used successfully since 1985 as a membrane filter in the desalination of seawater and since 1987 in the treatment of wastewater and leachate.
pure water from any source at any location.
The reverse osmosis plant program is standardised and detached with a capacity from 400 to 50,000 l/h. The system pressure of the plant is usually at p= 90 bar.
In the meanwhile the experience is based on various osmosis plants with different water qualities.
Over 100 million m3 of wastewater have been treated.
These plants are positioned internationally. The RCDT technology is successfully purifying wastewaters worldwide.
RCDT technology is today used in the following countries: Austria, Slovenia, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Romania, Brazil, Czech Republic, China, South Korea, Tunisia, Mexico, Baltic States, Hungary, India, Sri Lanka, Russia, Croatia and Australia.
Due to the unique design of new the RCDT 2.0 module a membrane lifetime up to 5 years have been experienced.
radial channel disc tube module. RCDT.
The so called ”RCDT module” (Radial Channel Disc Tube module) is the most advanced product in plate module technology.
This module consists of a pressure tube and hydraulic discs which are held by a centre tension rod. Membrane cushions lie between every two discs.
Owing to this special construction, open flow channels are formed between the hydraulic discs and the membrane cushions, where the raw solution concentrates.
The individual channels are joined together by openings in the discs, which are arranged in annular pattern, so that the feed water flows radial across the membrane cushions, alternately from the inside towards the outside and reversibly.
RCDT reverse osmosis is a cross-flow filtration process, i.e. driven by pressure: untreated water flows across an active layer (membrane) at high velocity and the filtrate flow passes through the membrane in vertical direction.
Membrane separation is a quite physical process, i.e. the components to be separated undergo neither thermal, nor chemical, nor biological changes. Reverse osmosis allows the separation of low-molecular substances and inorganic salts.
Usually, RCDT reverse osmosis is operated up to 90 bar. In addition Rotreat offers a special high pressure technique up to an operating pressure of 160 bar, recovery rates up to 90% are possible. Reverse osmosis allows the separation of low-molecular substances and inorganic salts.
La production de membrane et de module est selon les normes ISO 9001.
systems to treat landfill leachate.
All plants are tailor made according to the customers demands and specifics of wastewater and leachate. Four standard modular plants, which can treat leachate volumes from 0.5 m3/h to 15 m3/h, form the basis of the system.
modular plant standards.
The modular system design allows the construction of plants for bigger water volumes.
If required, these plants can be equipped with permeate stages (2nd RO stage) to ensure, that even in the case of high pollutant concentrations the standard requirements are met. To increase the permeate yield (= minimisation of the concentrates to be disposed of) concentrate stages with high pressure technology up to 160 bar are offered.
Recovery rates up to 90%
The energy consumption of the new RCDT module is particularly low, 6 – 8 kWh/m³ leachate (wastewater) treated, very low compared to other treatment systems. Multi stage treatment systems however can reach much higher energy consumption, up to 60 kWh/m³ (eg. with evaporation).
pilot container. test station.
It is in general a good idea to test for specific leachate and wastewater sources. Rotreat’s test units, either fully functioning container systems, or one single RCDT tube and pump system on a skid, include delivery, installation, configuration, running of and reporting on test results.
one tube test skid. 1m3/day.
- one or two months for each site. dump.
- test several/all sample points.
- at the same time analyze the leachate, the permeate, the concentrate.
- test the limits of the technology. go to and beyond limits.
- configure the installation afterwards, adapt it to the context of the Moroccan leachate.
- dimensioning and proposal of the unit on an industrial scale. roadmap to treat all the leachate on a site.
- work on the business proposal.
- payment per processed cubic meter.
- per cubic meter of clean water sold to the city.
- purification of landfill leachate.
- treatment of effluents from the pharmaceutical industry.
- purification of industrial wastewater.
- desalination of seawater. production of drinking water.
- reject treatment of spiral reverse osmosis.
- treatment of effluents from the textile industry and the dyeing process.
- treatment of tannery effluents.
- treatment of wastewater from distilleries.
- mine wastewater treatment.
- membrane filtration for municipal wastewater treatment.
Rotreat Abwasserreinigung GmbH. in a nutshell.
- RCDT technology successfully purifies wastewater worldwide.
- landfill leachate. 15,800 m3/day.
- industrial wastewater. 21,300 m3/day.
- web Rotreat.